The world’s best divers arrived in Copenhagen last weekend, for the second round of the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series. Free falling from 3 times the Olympic height, without any protection ,and at speeds reaching 85kph, it was little wonder Denmark’s capital saw 27,000 spectators…
Russian diver, Artem Silchenko was nothing short of amazing as he picked up where he left of in France, to take the second round. The 29-year-old wowed the crowd, with his almost perfect execution of a blind-entry dive, from the city’s beautiful Opera House.
Artem took the highest ‘single dive’ score, as well as his second successive win in Denmark. Never before in a World Series competition have the judges awarded four tens for a single dive!
Gary Hunt took second position and Orlando Duque came in third.
Following his win, Artem told Red Bull:
“It’s been a fantastic competition for me. I have a new personal best, a new record score in cliff diving. It’s the best armstand dive I’ve done in my life for sure.”
RESULTS STOP 2, COPENHAGEN
1. Artem Silchenko | RUS | 522.40
2. Gary Hunt | UK | 506.80
3. Orlando Duque | COL | 464.40
4. Jonathan Paredes | MEX | 462.50
5. David Colturi | USA | 410.10
6. Michal Navratil | CZE | 403.15
7. Kris Kolanus (wildcard) | POL | 402.10
8. Blake Aldridge | UK | 389.05
9. Mat Cowen | UK | 273.30
10. Sasha Kutsenko (wildcard) | UKR | 269.65
11. Anatoliy Shabotenko | UKR | 251.90
12. Steven LoBue | USA | 232.40
13. Cyrille Oumedjkane (wildcard) | FRA | 203.00
14. Christian Wurst (wildcard) | GER | 126.00
Next Stop Portugal – June 29th