Olympic 50m and 100m freestyle champion, Ranomi Kromowidjojo brings us her 5 top tips to a smoother ‘freestyle’ technique.
- Always make sure that your head remains in line with your body
- Tighten up your torso each time you’re about to turn your head
- Stick to a fixed breathing rhythm: for example, take a breath once every four strokes
- The position of your head, should be nose down. The X-vision goggles really help guide your head to the right position
- While taking a breath, try to remain focused on the stroke technique, as when you begin to focus on breathing you may lose your momentum